The shotgun house at 134 Delauney Street (now George E. Ohr Street) in Biloxi was owned by Leo and Lottie Foretich and occupied by Lottie Foretich for almost 50 years. Leo and Lottie moved into the house in 1934. In 1988, the house was moved a block away to the Biloxi town green and used as an administrative building for the City of Biloxi. The house was destroyed by Hurricane Katrina on August 29, 2005.
This album gathers articles, photos and videos relating to the Foretich house. The videos contain brief clips shot at the house in its original location on Delauney Street.
Matches 1 to 8 of 8 » Thumbnails Only » Slide Show
|| Linked to
||Comments of the Significance of the Shotgun House at 134 Delauney Street, Biloxi, Mississippi|
Prepared by Nicholas Spitzer, Louisiana State Folklorist
||Article on Foretich house|
Kat Bergeron, "Homes Paint the Town Green," The Sun Herald, April 17, 1988, p. F-1.
||View from the Porch by Melba Fay Foretich Gutierrez|
Memories of growing up on Delauney Street in Biloxi, MIssissippi
||Foretich house, Biloxi Town Green|
Taken shortly after house was relocated from its original location on Delauney Street (now George Ohr Street).
L-R: Lurline Foretich Lane, Melba Fay Foretich Gutierrez, Lottie Foretich, Beverly Foretich LeBeuf
||Eula Bosarge Foretich Fountain and children|
Back row, L-R: Haven Foretich, Leo V. Foretich, Joseph Foretich, Alvah Foretich
Front row, L-R: Beatrice Foretich Hunsaker, Eula Bosarge Foretich Fountain, Eleanor Foretich Stevens Schmidt
Taken June 1950 at 134 Delauney Street, Biloxi, Mississippi
||Former residents of the Foretich house|
Taken at the dedication of the Biloxi Town Green.
L-R: Lurline Foretich Lane, Melba Fay Foretich Gutierrez, Lottie Duggan Foretich, Beverly Foretich Lebeuf
||Home movies, Gutierrez and Foretich families, 1963|
Total length: 7:48
Miscellaneous clips shot during 1963.
(1) Melba, Sybil and Paige Gutierrez with Beverly Foretich Golden and her daughter, Sheila, at Beverly's house in Houston, Texas
(2) Large gathering of relatives at the fishing camp of Lee and Katherine Gutierrez in Gautier, Mississippi. If you spot anyone not listed below, let me know.
(3) Jim Nabors, in town to perform at Gus Stevens, visits the home of Henry and Melba Fay Gutierrez on Seal Avenue in Biloxi. At the time, he was featured on the popular television series The Andy Griffith Show and would begin starring in his own show, Gomer Pyle, U.S.M.C., the following year. While in Biloxi, Nabors roomed with Henry's brother Ziggy at the Hotel Biloxi and hung out at Ziggy's nightclub. In addition to Paige, Sybil and Roxann Gutierez, also present are Lottie Foretich and family friends Clare and Warren Hornsby and Mr. and Mrs. Eddie Rusich.
(4) Brief clip of Roxann with Denise and Vicky DeGregorio in a backyard pool.
(5) Melba and Henry Gutierrez with Paige, Sybil and Roxann at the zoo in New Orleans.
(6) A visit to Marine Life in Gulfport, Mississippi
(7) Brief clip of Melba, Paige, Sybil and Roxann picking up a cat at the home of Leo and Lottie Foretich on Delauney Street (now George E. Ohr Street) in Biloxi
(8) Sybil, Paige and Roxann Gutierrez playing with friends in front of their house on Seal Avenue in Biloxi
(9) Henry, Paige, Sybil and Roxann Gutierrez on the beach in Ocean Springs, Mississippi with Beverly Foretich Golden and her daughter, Sheila
||Home movies, Gutierrez and Slay/Fallo families, spring 1961|
Total length: 5:21
Taken in the spring of 1961, these home movies are in five sections:
(1) Paige, Sybil and Roxann Gutierrez in the yard of their house on Seal Avenue in Biloxi (probably shot on two different days)
(2) Large gathering of members of Gutierrez, Slay, Fallo and other families for an Easter egg hunt at the fishing camp of Katherine and Lee Gutierrez in Gautier, Mississippi. If you can identify anyone not listed below, please let me know.
(3) Melba Fay Gutierrez and daughter Roxann in the yard of the home of Leo and Lottie Foretich on Delauney Street (now George E. Ohr Street) in Biloxi
(4) Henry and Melba Fay Gutierrez with daughters Paige, Sybil and Roxann at the fishing camp of Katherine and Lee Gutierrez in Gautier, Mississippi
(5) Brief final clip at Audubon Park in New Orleans
(At least one living or private individual is linked to this item - Details withheld.)