1930 - 2009 (79 years)
||Ramon Gray GUTIERREZ |
||19 Jul 1930
|Also Known As
||Attended University of Mississippi Law School 1952-53 |
||Notre Dame High School class of 1948 |
||University of Notre Dame, graduated in 1952 with B.A. in political science |
||avid football fan, travel |
||Army Security Agency, September 1953-August 1956, served in Germany. |
||businessman (nightclubs, produce, seafood) |
||St. Alphonsus Catholic Church, Ocean Springs, Mississippi |
||20 Sep 2009
||Ocean Springs, Mississippi
- Operated the Key Club and the Creole Room on the “Biloxi Strip” in the late 1950s and early 1960s.
Was self-employed as owner of M&G Wholesale Company, G&G Factory and Biloxi Bonding Company. Other business interests included The 3 R Tomato Company, Tidewater Sales Co. and Biloxi Freezing and Processing, Inc.
Was member of Biloxi Chamber of Comerce, V.F.W. Post 2434, Biloxi Elks Lodge #606 and a member of Revelers Carnival.
Served many years as secretary of the Biloxi Port Commission.
||21 Nov 2010 |
||Lee Paul GUTIERREZ, Sr., b. 14 Mar 1903, Biloxi, Mississippi , d. 2 Dec 1979, Biloxi, Mississippi (Age 76 years) |
||Katherine Evelyn SLAY, b. 11 Feb 1907, Mobile, Alabama or Tuscaloosa , d. 2 Dec 1979, Biloxi, Mississippi (Age 72 years) |
||16 Dec 1924
||Nativity B.V.M., Biloxi, Mississippi
- Lee and Katherine were great hosts and entertainers. They worked hard and played hard and both enjoyed fine mental, physical and spiritual health.
||Group Sheet | Family Chart
||Ramon "Ziggy" Gutierrez|
Age 20, taken at wedding of Henry S. Gutierrez and Melba Fay Foretich
||Family of Lee Gutierrez Sr. and Katherine Slay Gutierrez|
Left to right: Lee P. Gutierrez, Sr., Katherine Slay Gutierrez, Lee "Pedro" Gutierrez, Jr., Henry S. "Duke" Gutierrez, Ramon "Ziggy" Gutierrez, Frank Gutierrez
||Pedro, Ziggy, and Duke Gutierrez|
||Family of Lee Gutierrez and Katherine Slay|
Left to right: Lee P. Gutierrez, Sr., Katherine Slay Gutierrez, Lee Gutierrez, Jr., Henry S. Gutierrez, Ramon "Ziggy" Gutierrez, Frank Gutierrez
|Extended family of Lee and Katherine Gutierrez|
Taken on their 50th anniversary.
Back row (L-R): Melba Fay Gutierrez, Henry "Duke" Gutierrez, Helen Gutierrez, Lee "Pedro" Gutierrez, Katherine Gutierrez, Lee Gutierrez, Ramon "Ziggy" Gutierrez, Millie Gutierrez, Frank Gutierrez, Anita Gutierrez
Middle row (L-R): Roxann Gutierrez, Byron Meaut, Sybil Gutierrez Meaut, Pete Gutierrez, Paul Gutierrez, Gay Gutierrez, Paige Gutierrez
Front row (L-R): Brent Gutierrez, Rachel Gutierrez, Mitzi Gutierrez, Lauren Gutierrez, John Gutierrez, Ricky Gutierrez, Clay Gutierrez (At least one living or private individual is linked to this item - Details withheld.)
||Ziggy Gutierrez and Lee Gutierrez, Sr.|
|Millie and Ziggy Gutierrez on their wedding day|
(At least one living or private individual is linked to this item - Details withheld.)
||Ziggy Gutierrez in 1952 Notre Dame University yearbook|
||Ziggy and Frank Gutierrez with Dale Fallo|
Left to right: Ziggy Gutierrez, Frank Gutierrez, Dale Fallo
||Home movies, Gutierrez and Foretich families, 1963|
Total length: 7:48
Miscellaneous clips shot during 1963.
(1) Melba, Sybil and Paige Gutierrez with Beverly Foretich Golden and her daughter, Sheila, at Beverly's house in Houston, Texas
(2) Large gathering of relatives at the fishing camp of Lee and Katherine Gutierrez in Gautier, Mississippi. If you spot anyone not listed below, let me know.
(3) Jim Nabors, in town to perform at Gus Stevens, visits the home of Henry and Melba Fay Gutierrez on Seal Avenue in Biloxi. At the time, he was featured on the popular television series The Andy Griffith Show and would begin starring in his own show, Gomer Pyle, U.S.M.C., the following year. While in Biloxi, Nabors roomed with Henry's brother Ziggy at the Hotel Biloxi and hung out at Ziggy's nightclub. In addition to Paige, Sybil and Roxann Gutierez, also present are Lottie Foretich and family friends Clare and Warren Hornsby and Mr. and Mrs. Eddie Rusich.
(4) Brief clip of Roxann with Denise and Vicky DeGregorio in a backyard pool.
(5) Melba and Henry Gutierrez with Paige, Sybil and Roxann at the zoo in New Orleans.
(6) A visit to Marine Life in Gulfport, Mississippi
(7) Brief clip of Melba, Paige, Sybil and Roxann picking up a cat at the home of Leo and Lottie Foretich on Delauney Street (now George E. Ohr Street) in Biloxi
(8) Sybil, Paige and Roxann Gutierrez playing with friends in front of their house on Seal Avenue in Biloxi
(9) Henry, Paige, Sybil and Roxann Gutierrez on the beach in Ocean Springs, Mississippi with Beverly Foretich Golden and her daughter, Sheila
|Home movies, Gutierrez family, 1961|
Total length: 3:13
The first part of this video was shot in Mobile, Alabama, where Henry, Melba Fay, Paige, Sybil and Roxann are seen feeding pigeons.
The second part was shot around Christmas 1961 in the home of Henry and Melba Fay Gutierrez on Seal Avenue in Biloxi. Henry's parents and his brothers Frank and Ziggy are seen visiting. (At least one living or private individual is linked to this item - Details withheld.)
|Home movies, Gutierrez/Foretich and Fallo/Slay families, 1960|
Total length: 5:38
Home movies taken in the latter part of 1960, in three sections:
(1) Various members of the Gutierrez and Fallo/Slay families visit the Gautier, Mississippi fishing camp of Lee and Katherine Gutierrez. Also seen is family friend Henry Swann. [I think that might be Ziggy driving the boat at the end of this section--is that right?. Who is the man next to him? It doesn't look like Paw-Paw Lee (Gutierrez, Sr.).]
(2) Christmas 1960 at the home of Henry and Melba Fay Gutierrez on Seal Avenue in Biloxi. In addition to relatives, family neighbors LIta Frey and Chris Sehon are seen.
(3) Henry and Melba Gutierrez at the amusement park on the beach in Biloxi with daughters Paige, Sybil and Roxann. The boats seen were built by Henry F. Fountain, Sr. (At least one living or private individual is linked to this item - Details withheld.)