1927 - 2002 (75 years)
||Lee Paul GUTIERREZ |
||11 Jan 1927
|Also Known As
||Pedro, Padie |
||Biloxi High School class of 1944, attended North Carolina State University and Vanderbilt University |
||gun collecting, hunting, languages and travel |
||28 May 2002
- Served in the U.S. Army during World War II.
Employed by Biloxi Freezing Company since 1945, eventually serving as President and General Manager.
Appointed to local Biloxi, Mississippi draft board and served as president of Revelers Carnival Association.
||1 Jul 2009 |
||Lee Paul GUTIERREZ, Sr., b. 14 Mar 1903, Biloxi, Mississippi , d. 2 Dec 1979, Biloxi, Mississippi (Age 76 years) |
||Katherine Evelyn SLAY, b. 11 Feb 1907, Mobile, Alabama or Tuscaloosa , d. 2 Dec 1979, Biloxi, Mississippi (Age 72 years) |
||16 Dec 1924
||Nativity B.V.M., Biloxi, Mississippi
- Lee and Katherine were great hosts and entertainers. They worked hard and played hard and both enjoyed fine mental, physical and spiritual health.
||Group Sheet | Family Chart
||Lee P. Gutierrez, Jr.|
||Family of Lee Gutierrez Sr. and Katherine Slay Gutierrez|
Left to right: Lee P. Gutierrez, Sr., Katherine Slay Gutierrez, Lee "Pedro" Gutierrez, Jr., Henry S. "Duke" Gutierrez, Ramon "Ziggy" Gutierrez, Frank Gutierrez
||Pedro, Ziggy, and Duke Gutierrez|
||Family of Lee Gutierrez and Katherine Slay|
Left to right: Lee P. Gutierrez, Sr., Katherine Slay Gutierrez, Lee Gutierrez, Jr., Henry S. Gutierrez, Ramon "Ziggy" Gutierrez, Frank Gutierrez
|Extended family of Lee and Katherine Gutierrez|
Taken on their 50th anniversary.
Back row (L-R): Melba Fay Gutierrez, Henry "Duke" Gutierrez, Helen Gutierrez, Lee "Pedro" Gutierrez, Katherine Gutierrez, Lee Gutierrez, Ramon "Ziggy" Gutierrez, Millie Gutierrez, Frank Gutierrez, Anita Gutierrez
Middle row (L-R): Roxann Gutierrez, Byron Meaut, Sybil Gutierrez Meaut, Pete Gutierrez, Paul Gutierrez, Gay Gutierrez, Paige Gutierrez
Front row (L-R): Brent Gutierrez, Rachel Gutierrez, Mitzi Gutierrez, Lauren Gutierrez, John Gutierrez, Ricky Gutierrez, Clay Gutierrez (At least one living or private individual is linked to this item - Details withheld.)
||"Pedro," Lee, Sr. and "Duke" Gutierrez|
||Home movies, Gutierrez and Slay/Fallo families, spring 1961|
Total length: 5:21
Taken in the spring of 1961, these home movies are in five sections:
(1) Paige, Sybil and Roxann Gutierrez in the yard of their house on Seal Avenue in Biloxi (probably shot on two different days)
(2) Large gathering of members of Gutierrez, Slay, Fallo and other families for an Easter egg hunt at the fishing camp of Katherine and Lee Gutierrez in Gautier, Mississippi. If you can identify anyone not listed below, please let me know.
(3) Melba Fay Gutierrez and daughter Roxann in the yard of the home of Leo and Lottie Foretich on Delauney Street (now George E. Ohr Street) in Biloxi
(4) Henry and Melba Fay Gutierrez with daughters Paige, Sybil and Roxann at the fishing camp of Katherine and Lee Gutierrez in Gautier, Mississippi
(5) Brief final clip at Audubon Park in New Orleans (At least one living or private individual is linked to this item - Details withheld.)
|Home movies, Gutierrez/Foretich and Fallo/Slay families, 1960|
Total length: 5:38
Home movies taken in the latter part of 1960, in three sections:
(1) Various members of the Gutierrez and Fallo/Slay families visit the Gautier, Mississippi fishing camp of Lee and Katherine Gutierrez. Also seen is family friend Henry Swann. [I think that might be Ziggy driving the boat at the end of this section--is that right?. Who is the man next to him? It doesn't look like Paw-Paw Lee (Gutierrez, Sr.).]
(2) Christmas 1960 at the home of Henry and Melba Fay Gutierrez on Seal Avenue in Biloxi. In addition to relatives, family neighbors LIta Frey and Chris Sehon are seen.
(3) Henry and Melba Gutierrez at the amusement park on the beach in Biloxi with daughters Paige, Sybil and Roxann. The boats seen were built by Henry F. Fountain, Sr. (At least one living or private individual is linked to this item - Details withheld.)