Our Family History


You are currently anonymous Log In
 

Albums


Matches 1 to 2 of 2

   

 #   Thumb   Description   # Items   Linked to 
1
Foretich house
Foretich house
The shotgun house at 134 Delauney Street (now George E. Ohr Street) in Biloxi was owned by Leo and Lottie Foretich and occupied by Lottie Foretich for almost 50 years. Leo and Lottie moved into the house in 1934. In 1988, the house was moved a block away to the Biloxi town green and used as an administrative building for the City of Biloxi. The house was destroyed by Hurricane Katrina on August 29, 2005. This album gathers articles, photos and videos relating to the Foretich house. The videos contain brief clips shot at the house in its original location on Delauney Street. 
 
2
The Schooner Emma Harvey
The Schooner Emma Harvey
On July 5, 1916, the schooner Emma Harvey was lost in a storm off the Mississippi coast. Its crew were never found. Among those lost were George Duggan, his son, Arthur Duggan, and his wife's nephew, Lawrence Bennett. In July 1971, Lottie Duggan Foretich visited the site at Dauphin Island, Alabama, where the schooner Emma Harvey was located 55 years after it was lost in the storm of July 5, 1916. Her father, George Duggan, and her brother Arthur were never found and are presumed to have died in the storm. She recalled her brother Arthur carving his initials into the wood and located the spot where his initials remained.